Yoga with Children
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
* indicates a required field
Search for Courses
This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
CDA Content Area: Advancement of Physical and Intellectual Development (1 hour)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Training Language(s): English
(1 hour) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment * Yoga has shown to be beneficial for children who encounter emotional, social, and physical challenges or conflicts. Children have the ability to learn how to cope with stressful situations, calm themselves in times of frustration, and learn resiliency. Yoga has many components such as balance, breathing, posing, and stamina. Teaching these skill to young children is believed to offer benefits that extend past the practice of yoga itself.
- Learn about the history of yoga.
- Identify an understanding of common terminology associated with yoga.
- Identify rules for yoga with children.
- Identify potential health benefits that may be associated with yoga.
- Identify breathing a exercise that may be helpful before nap time.
- Describe how you will use yoga or yoga breathing to aid in your classroom.
* Currently Enrolled Students *
- I really enjoyed the whole class. Posted by Brett on 5th Feb 2016
Yoga is something I don't know much about. I learned a lot from this class. The benefits to kids are great. I got some really great ideas. Thanks!
- good course Posted by Janine on 29th Nov 2015
I liked hearing and seeing the breathing techniques but then also having the slide show to review them.
- I got a lot out of this course...thank you! Posted by Ryan on 11th Aug 2015
I always just thought yoga more of stretching and breathing to calm. I liked learning of the 4 different animal breaths to introduce to the children and the benefits they each have.
- I loved this course! Posted by Amanda on 31st Mar 2015
I loved all the reading material. I think some printable handouts would have been helpful.
- the training was very good Posted by Wendy on 21st Jan 2015
the training was very good i will use all of it and tell
my boss about it maybe we could use it in our new
school. i enjoyed it a lot
- Thank you Posted by Elizabeth on 15th Jan 2015
I liked the videos, it was a nice break from constantly reading. Thank you for a wonderful introduction to yoga in the classroom. I hope that there is a more involved yoga course in the future
- Thank you Posted by Clara on 15th Jan 2015
The video examples helped learn the material in this training. It helps to be able to see the yoga poses and yoga breathing.
2) The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
3) Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.