Introducing Growth Development and Diversity
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
* indicates a required field
Search for Courses
This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
(4 hours) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment * The foundation for building positive relationships is understanding children. All children are unique and progress through predictable ages and stages at their own pace. Child care providers should interact with each child in a way that recognizes and respects the child’s chronological and developmental age. This course reviews what participants already know about children and their development. This course is designed to teach age-appropriate behaviors and culturally appropriate expectations for infants, toddlers, preschool, and school-age children. Course content is based on information on pages 58-74 and 111-115 in the Child Care Center Licensing Guidebook, 2nd ed. (2006). DEL-LC 2001 (x) 10/06.
- Washington STARS credit: Child Growth and Development (4 hours)
- CDA Content Area: Understanding Principles of Child Development and Learning (4 hours)
Training Delivery Method: Online
- Preschool Age Children
- Pre-Kindergarten Children
- School-Age Children
Training Level: 2
Training Language(s): English
- Demonstrate knowledge of age-appropriate expectations.
- Identify, from a list of activities, which are appropriate for specific age groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge of culturally appropriate expectations.
- Identify appropriate adult responses to a scenario of children talking about differences and diversity.
- Identify ways to honor cultural diversity.
- Identify training steps to increase one’s cultural awareness
* Currently Enrolled Students *
- Thank you for having this course available!! Posted by Jessica on 24th Mar 2015
I really enjoyed learning about how to incorporate cultural learning in my class room. I am looking forward to making some changes in the next few months.
- Wonderful training, thank you! Posted by Sara on 20th Jan 2015
The videos worked best, as did the worksheets.
- Variety of learning Posted by Liliana on 19th Jan 2015
I really liked the videos and the slides. It kept things interesting for me i have a hard time staying on task when i'm reading things for to long. Having the slide shows helped me stay focussed.
- Exceptional Posted by Sylvia on 21st Nov 2014
I found this training very interesting. Full of information that I can use in my line of work. I had a very good experience with live chat personal. The were quick to reply and very patient.
- I liked the variety of teaching methods. Posted by Margaret on 20th Nov 2014
I liked the variety of teaching methods. Reading, videos and slides. I would recommend this class to fellow teachers.
2) The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
3) Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.