Social and Emotional Development (Social)
2 Hours Professional Development Online
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
Scroll down to read the course description.
* indicates a required field
Social and Emotional Development
Washington STARS credit: Child Growth & Development (2 hours)
Most students are able to use mobile devices such as tablets to complete courses. However, each device is different, and an individual's skill level with the device may determine their success with using a mobile device. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
This topic has been collaboratively created, organized, and developed by our team of trainers, educators, administrators and specialists. We strive to maintain high quality online training methods while adhering to state standards for adult learning and meeting the needs of our students.
For more trainer information click here.
CDA Criteria for this Course
CDA Content Area: Supporting Children's Social and Emotional Development (2 hours)
Course Difficulty: Level 2 - This course has entry level vocabulary that most students should be able to easily become familiar with. Assignments include peer discussion boards, open-ended and multiple choice questions.
School readiness not only means that children are intellectually prepared for school, but also that they are socially and emotionally prepared for success in the classroom. One of the primary goals of a quality early childhood program is to foster healthy social and emotional development in young children. A key learning point is the significance of social-emotional skills for children’s overall development and learning.
- Define social-emotional development and discuss its importance in our lives.
- Reflect on your own ideas and experiences associated with social-emotional development.
- Discuss how social-emotional learning promotes development and learning in young children.
- Laptop or PC
- Most students are able to use mobile devices such as tablets to complete courses. However, each device is different, and an individual's skill level with the device may determine their success with using a mobile device.
- Recommended web browser: Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge, Safari and Firefox are other acceptable browsers.
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft, and you may have issues if you use it to take training.
- Make sure you’re using a current operating system (for example, Windows 10 or Apple OS).
- Outdated operating systems may cause technical difficulties.
- Slow internet speed may impact loading time.
- Videos may require Adobe Flash Player.