LICENSED FAMILY HOME CHILD CARE
WAC 170-296A-1800complete ten hours of department approved ongoing training each year. The training may include:
(a) Licensee's or primary staff person's choice; and
(b) Department directed training to include infant safe sleep training when licensee is licensed to care for infants.
(2) The licensee must complete the ongoing training requirement each year prior to continuing a nonexpiring full license.
(3) A primary staff person must complete the ongoing training requirement each year beginning from the date of initial employment.
(4) A licensee who exceeds the ten-hour ongoing training requirement in any year may carry over up to five hours of ongoing training toward meeting the next year's requirement. This does not include the required infant safe sleep training.
LICENSED SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE
(2) The director, site coordinator, and lead teacher must complete the basic STARS training within three months of assuming the position.
(3) If the director, site coordinator, or lead teacher qualifies for an exemption to the STARS training requirement, he or she must request an exemption to the requirement within ten days of assuming the position.
WAC 170-297-1800ten hours of STARS ongoing training yearly.
(2) Any staff that exceeds the ten-hour ongoing training requirement in any year may carry over up to five hours of ongoing training toward meeting the next year's requirement.
(3) The training may include:
(a) Staff person's choice of training; and
(b) Department directed training.
(4) The program director and on-site coordinator must take five hours of training each year in program management and administration for the first two years in these positions.
CHILD CARE CENTERS
(1) Basic training approved by the Washington state training registry system (STARS);
(2) Current child development associate certificate (CDA) or equivalent credential, or twelve or more college credits in early childhood education or child development; or
(3) Associate of arts (AA), associate of arts and sciences or higher college degree in early childhood education or child development.
WAC 170-295-1070 ten clock hours or one college credit of continuing education yearly after completing the initial training required in WAC 170-295-1010.
(2) The director and program supervisor must have five of the ten hours in program management and administration for the first two years in their respective positions. Each additional year, three of the ten hours required must be in program management and administration.
(3) The continuing education must include department approved annual infant safe sleep training when licensed to care for infants.
(4) The continuing education must be delivered by a state-approved trainer, or consist of training that has been department-approved through MERIT.