Capacidad de leer y escribir temprana
* indicates a required field
Early Literacy 1 hour / .1 CEU
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires on December 31, 2020 * La inscripción expira el 31 de diciembre de 2020
** Computer Only ** No Mobile Devices
Search for Courses
This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
Esta lección discute la edad apropia para técnicas tempranas de leer y escribir, las áreas del conocimiento de la capacidad de leer y escribir, y las maneras de crear un ambiente bueno para leer y escribir.
Language(s) used in training: Español
Literacy is the ability to interpret printed forms of language, and its importance cannot be overemphasized. Early literacy lays the foundation for successful attainment of knowledge and active involvement in in a literate society. Literacy development begins at birth and continues to develop throughout life. Often, children are first exposed to written language when their parents or child care providers read to them. The act of reading to a child begins a familiarization with print, thereby building on the language, pre-reading, and pre-writing skills necessary for successful communication. This lesson discusses age-appropriate early literacy techniques, areas of literacy knowledge, and ways to create a literacy-rich environment.
Washington Core Competency: Curriculum and Learning Environment [1 hour]
Oregon Core Body of Knowledge: Learning Environments & Curriculum [1 hour]
CDA Content Area: Advancement of Physical and Intellectual Development [1 hour / .1 CEU]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
- Preschool Age Children
- Pre-Kindergarten Children
- RECALL the definitions of emergent literacy and early literacy.
- IDENTIFY techniques that encourage early literacy among infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- IDENTIFY techniques for reading aloud.
- RECALL the benefits of reading to infants and young children.
- IDENTIFY areas of literacy knowledge.
- RECALL the definition of a print-rich environment.
- IDENTIFY materials and books that are appropriate for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- RECALL design considerations for a reading center.
- IDENTIFY appropriate materials to include in a reading center for young children.
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
Enrollment Expires on December 31, 2020 * La inscripción expira el 31 de diciembre de 2020.
- For immediate access to courses at the time of payment, enroll at our sister site www.myececlass.com.
- When enrolling on our home page at www.cdastars.com, the information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
- New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
- Registrations that are submitted at www.cdastars.com after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with information to access the course.
- Check your email for instructions to start the training. Click on the link in the email to access the course.
- Internet access is required. There are no text books for the training. The coursework is done completely online.
- Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
- Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
- Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
- Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
- Refunds are not available after 72 hours from the date of payment.
- Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
- Our courses may, or may not, meet annual training requirements in your state. Please provide us with your state, and any State registry ID number, and if we are able to record your completed training with your state, we will. In some cases, for annual state credit, you will need to submit the certificate to the appropriate registry and they may or may not award annual credit. Providing a State Registry number to us does not guarantee that your state will approve the training for annual continuing education credit. Many states have QRIS systems that require specific courses to be completed for annual or in-service training. Do not enroll in this course for the purpose of completing a state specific mandated course without first verifying exactly what course requirements need to be met.
- For Washington State students, completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
- During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume of enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
- Enrollment Expires on December 31, 2020 * La inscripción expira el 31 de diciembre de 2020