The Amazing Early Years The Continuum of Development
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
* indicates a required field
Search for Courses
This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
CDA Content Area: Understanding Principles of Child Development and Learning (3 hours)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
- Preschool Age Children
- Pre-Kindergarten Children
- School-Age Children
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Training Language(s): English
- Recognize that development occurs in a continuum.
- Identify basic developmental milestones of children.
- Recognize that children respond to situations differently.
- Recognizes that infant and toddler development occur in the context of a secure relationship with a consistent caregiver.
- Adapts and modifies care and education to children’s changing needs and unique personalities.
* Currently Enrolled Students *
- I like the online format. Posted by Rebecca on 15th Feb 2016
I appreciate how the training included developmental red flags and special needs.
- Very good Posted by Richard on 30th Nov 2015
This was good for me. thanks so much for the help.
- Very useful for ideas Posted by Cassandra on 21st Apr 2015
Really enjoyed the topic on diversity with English Language Learners. Was very useful for ideas. I have a lot of children in my class from many different cultures :)
- Learned a lot Posted by Lixin on 13th Mar 2015
I love this course, I have learned a lot from it.
- Thank you Posted by Rosario on 20th Nov 2014
Who they explain with video and slide shows. It help me very much. Thank you every much they help me understand very well
- I enjoyed the videos. Posted by Robin on 28th Aug 2014
The information was presented in a clear and professional manner which was easy to comprehend. It is great to have the live chat available to give immediate support and answer questions.
- Thank you Posted by Gregory on 22nd Jul 2014
The best part of the training was the Cycle of self-directed learning. Live Chat was Quick and easy to use
- I like that it is online Posted by Suzanne on 11th Jun 2014
I like that it is online and I actually found the videos interesting and well made.
2) The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
3) Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.