Family and Community Partnerships (ECE)
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
* indicates a required field
Search for Courses
Strong partnerships with families are built on good communication. Families will communicate their needs to you, and in turn, you will communicate what resources are available. From welcoming parents and children in the morning to saying good-bye at pick-up time, your day will be filled with verbal interactions and conversations with parents, children, and other staff. When teachers understand families as a system and the impact of parenting in early childhood, they are better able to develop partnerships with families and to help create an environment that meets the needs of each child. In this course, you will learn the basics about communicating with parents, we will highlight appropriate ways to collect information from families, as well as the ways and opportunities to share information in a caring way.
Washington STARS credit: Family and Community Partnerships (3 hours)
Unit 4: Building Productive Relationships with Families (3 hours)
- Family Child Care (Mixed-Age)
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
- List the required licensing postings and interactions that apply to parent communication
- Explain 2 ways teachers can communicate with parents
- Summarize the rationale for maintaining confidentiality
- Summarize how diversity impacts relationships with parents
- Recognize family-centered practice as a key component of early childhood education
- Great training!!! Posted by Dominicke on 12th Feb 2016
I love that it is online, and that I can go at my own pace.
- Helpful Posted by Veronica on 21st Apr 2015
all parts of the training were very helpfully, is going to be very helpfull for my work and my own family
- Just enough information Posted by Wanda on 14th Jan 2015
I enjoyed scrolling through and reviewing comments of other students. It was just enough information and not overwhelming.
- Conveinant Posted by Michelle on 26th Sep 2014
It was so easy and practical to be able to log in when I had the time....Being a single mother working full time, it allowed me to further my education, when i probably would not have had the opportunity to do so otherwise.
- Informative Program Posted by Rebecca on 27th Aug 2014
I enjoyed the comments page. I believe we can all learn from each other and I enjoyed reading other caregivers comments
2) The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
3) Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.