Elements of Diversity in Early Childhood Education
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
* indicates a required field
Search for Courses
This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
This course discusses elements of culturally diverse early childhood education, including benefits, curriculum content, educational processes, and teaching strategies. It also discusses concepts and family differences related to culture, administrative support for cultural diversity, and activities that promote appreciation for different cultures.
Level 3 Washington STARS credit: Families and Community Partnerships (4 hours)
CDA Content Area: Positive Relationships with Families (4 hours)
This is a LEVEL 3 Course. All assignments MUST be done at a level 3 in order to receive a certificate for this course.
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education
Training Delivery Method: Online
Session Level: 3
Language(s) used in training: English
Content Focus Group:
- Recall ways in which families differ
- Recall six concepts related to culture
- Discuss attributes of the diversity of families.
- Acknowledge the varying structures of children’s families.
- Recall benefits of a culturally diverse early childhood education
- Recall administrative areas of support for cultural diversity
- Identify elements of a culturally diverse education environment
- Identify curricula content that supports cultural diversity
- Describe strategies for interacting collaboratively with all children and adults.
- Identify educational processes that support cultural diversity
- Identify teaching strategies that support cultural diversity
- Identify activities that promote an appreciation for a variety of cultures
This is a self-paced course that and can exited any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the student may return to the course to try again for a second attempt if needed.
* Currently Enrolled Students Log-In Here *
- Great course. Posted by Janine on 21st Jan 2015
Learning the ways I can intertwine teaching with the many cultures we have. I am going into work with many new ideas I am excited to put to use. And the kids will LOVE them! Great course. All teachers and management should take. Very important in todays society.
- Thank you so much! Posted by Terri on 20th May 2014
I am so excited to incorporate some of the ideas presented.
2) The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
3) Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.