Healthy Learning Environments (Safety)
2 Hours Professional Development Online
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
Scroll down to read the course description.
* indicates a required field
Healthy Learning Environments
Most students are able to use mobile devices such as tablets to complete courses. However, each device is different, and an individual's skill level with the device may determine their success with using a mobile device. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
Course Difficulty: Level 2 - This course has entry level vocabulary that most students should be able to easily become familiar with. Assignments include peer discussion boards, open-ended and multiple choice questions.
This topic has been collaboratively created, organized, and developed by our team of trainers, educators, administrators and specialists. We strive to maintain high quality online training methods while adhering to state standards for adult learning and meeting the needs of our students.
For more trainer information click here.
CDA Criteria for this Course
2 Clock Hours
Illnesses are common among young children, and those in the early childhood program are likely to be two to three times more at risk of getting sick. This risk can be reduced through educating educators and creating a healthy environment. This topic is designed to introduce the practices that keep children healthy and safe in early childhood programs.
Please remember that the information provided in this course is standard practice. Be sure to follow the specific regulations mandated by the state or county for your program.
- Identify a healthy physical environment for children, including procedures for health, safety, and sanitation.
- Identify signs of and care for basic childhood illnesses and injuries.
- State what a communicable disease is
- Identify why children in the child care setting have more illnesses
- Explain the techniques of infection control and the need for using universal precautions all the time
- Recall proper procedures for hand washing
- State the importance of cleaning and disinfecting
- Laptop or PC
- Most students are able to use mobile devices such as tablets to complete courses. However, each device is different, and an individual's skill level with the device may determine their success with using a mobile device.
- Recommended web browser: Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge, Safari and Firefox are other acceptable browsers.
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft, and you may have issues if you use it to take training.
- Make sure you’re using a current operating system (for example, Windows 10 or Apple OS).
- Outdated operating systems may cause technical difficulties.
- Slow internet speed may impact loading time.
- Videos may require Adobe Flash Player.