La administración de la conducta para niños de edad escolar
* indicates a required field
Behavior Management for School-Age Children (.1 CEU/1 Hour)
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires on December 31, 2020 * La inscripción expira el 31 de diciembre de 2020
** Computer Only ** No Mobile Devices
La administración de la conducta para niños de edad escolar
This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
Este curso familiariza a los proveedores de pre-kinder con las técnicas y las estrategias para mejorar la conducta en el estudiante de edad escolar. La administración o el manejo de la conducta es una parte importante al establecer un ambiente positivo de aprendizaje. Este da la información básica para ayudar a los proveedores de pre-kinder a desarrollar un enfoque efectivo de la administración de la conducta para tratar con niños. Discute la meta, el propósito, y los beneficios de la administración de la conducta; las estrategias, las técnicas, y las sugerencias; el por qué los niños se portan mal; las consecuencias y la disciplina; y los ejemplos de adultos.
Language(s) used in training: Español
This course familiarizes students with techniques and strategies for improving school-age student behavior. Behavior management is an important part of establishing a positive learning environment. This course provides basic information to help child care providers develop an effective behavior management approach for dealing with children. It discusses the goal, purpose, and benefits of behavior management; strategies, techniques, and tips; why children misbehave; consequences and discipline; and adult roles.
DCYF MERIT Washington Core Competency: Interactions [1 hours]
CDA Content Area: Enhancement of Social and Emotional Development [1 hour / .1 CEU]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training STARS In-service PD Registry Course
Training Level: 2
Training Delivery Method: Online Distance Learning for Child Care
Content Focus Group:
- Pre-Kindergarten Children
- School-Age Children
- RECALL the purpose and goal of behavior management.
- RECALL the benefits of using behavior management to promote positive behavior.
- RECALL strategies for increasing and/or reinforcing positive behaviors.
- RECALL effective behavior management techniques and strategies.
- RECALL proactive behavior management actions caregivers can take.
- RECALL causes of, and reasons for, misbehavior.
- RECALL health disorders that can affect a child’s behavior.
- IDENTIFY two types of behavior consequences.
- RECALL results of using reinforcement to modify behavior.
- RECALL results of using punishment to modify behavior.
- RECALL three discipline styles.
- RECALL considerations and tips for effective discipline.
- Strategies and Techniques
- Why Do Children Misbehave
- Consequences and Discipline
- End of Lesson Test
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
Enrollment Expires on December 31, 2020 * La inscripción expira el 31 de diciembre de 2020.
- For immediate access to courses at the time of payment, enroll at our sister site www.myececlass.com.
- When enrolling on our home page at www.cdastars.com, the information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
- New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
- Registrations that are submitted at www.cdastars.com after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with information to access the course.
- Check your email for instructions to start the training. Click on the link in the email to access the course.
- Internet access is required. There are no text books for the training. The coursework is done completely online.
- Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
- Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
- Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
- Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
- Refunds are not available after 72 hours from the date of payment.
- Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
- Our courses may, or may not, meet annual training requirements in your state. Please provide us with your state, and any State registry ID number, and if we are able to record your completed training with your state, we will. In some cases, for annual state credit, you will need to submit the certificate to the appropriate registry and they may or may not award annual credit. Providing a State Registry number to us does not guarantee that your state will approve the training for annual continuing education credit. Many states have QRIS systems that require specific courses to be completed for annual or in-service training. Do not enroll in this course for the purpose of completing a state specific mandated course without first verifying exactly what course requirements need to be met.
- For Washington State students, completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
- During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume of enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
- Enrollment Expires on December 31, 2020 * La inscripción expira el 31 de diciembre de 2020