Incorporating Montessori Elements in Program Planning
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires 1 Year from the Date of Payment
* indicates a required field
Search for Courses
This course MAY be mobile friendly. However, because every device is different, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. Our student support staff is unable to provide technical support when students are attempting to use an iPad, tablet or cell phone to complete an online course. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
CDA Content Area: Effective Program Operation (1 hour)
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Training Language(s): English
(1 hour) Online Self-Paced – Open Enrollment * Montessori instruction is a carefully planned out method of teaching children of all ages. This method is different from other teaching methods but is very effective. This course is designed for teachers, caregivers, child care professionals, and directors who are interested in learning about how they might include some Montessori elements in their existing programs. This course is not intended to provide Montessori accreditation, training, or certification by any means. Instead it is an informative and inspirational course that aims to educate the intended audience about the Montessori Method and how they may provide some common Montessori elements in their program to benefit the students in their care.
- Explain how Montessori classrooms differ from traditional classroom settings.
- Describe how Montessori elements can benefit an early childhood program.
- State three elements of a Montessori program.
- Explain how to apply Montessori elements in their early childhood program.
- Identify and analyze what the role of the teacher is in a Montessori classroom.
* Currently Enrolled Students *
- This was a really good course. Posted by Holly on 3rd Mar 2016
I enjoyed seeing how real classrooms to these ideas into practice. I like the idea of letting children work uninterrupted on a task and working together to solve a problem.
- Great Course Posted by Jeanne on 12th Feb 2016
I was very happy with all of the written information, and enjoyed watching the video samples. This was a class I am very pleased to have taken, and it will be helpful as I include Montessori theory in my daycare.
- I love your website Posted by Cybel on 8th Feb 2016
I work on my own pace. I don't have any pressure and I understand everything.
- I loved this class! Posted by Colleen on 17th Aug 2015
Very helpful as I begin a new position where we incorporate Montessori elements in the classroom. Thank you!
2) The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
3) Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training is not tested on mobile devices or designed to be used on a mobile device. We are unable to provide technical support if you are attempting to use a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, or any other device other than a computer). And though many students may find that they are able to use their mobile device to complete the course, this training was developed to be done on a computer. Use of a mobile device is at your own risk.
6) This course uses multi-media video presentations. You will be required to view videos on your computer or mobile device in order to complete this course. Some students may find that they need to download Shockwave, Flash player or Java to view videos.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, or Java, in order to log into the course, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.