CDA Training Online - Payment Plan Module 8
Module 8 is 18-hours of the 120 hours required to apply for a National Child Development Associate Credential.
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
* indicates a required field
This enrollment is for module 8, which is 18 hours of the required 120 hours needed to apply for a CDA Credential.
There are no due dates for each payment. When you pay for the courses in CDA Module 1: Safe and Healthy Environment, you will receive access to those child care courses. Once you have completed those CDA courses, then process payment for CDA module 2 and we will activate the next set of child care classes in your student platform.Pay for each module as you go - No due dates for payments. The tuition for the CDA payment plan is based on a per CDA module fee.
Module 1: Safe and Healthy Environment - 10 Hours (1 CEU) Tuition: $45
Module 2: Advancement of Physical and Intellectual Development - 21 hours (2.1 CEU) Tuition: $94
Module 3: Principles of Child Growth and Development - 15 hours (1.5 CEU) Tuition: $67
Module 4: Enhancement of Social and Emotional Development - 14 hours (1.4 CEU) Tuition: $63
Module 5: Observing and Recording Progress and Behavior of Children - 15 hours (1.5 CEU) Tuition: $67
Module 6: Positive Relationships with Families - 13 hours (1.3 CEU) Tuition: $58
Module 7: Effective Program Operation - 14 hours (1.4 CEU) Tuition: $63
Module 8: Commitment to Professionalism - 18 hours (1.8 CEU) Tuition: $81.
Nexport Campus: E-Learning courseware is provided in partnership with Smart Horizons. The Nexport Campus online platform is a fully automated, self-study training that is available 24/7.
- Narrator that reads the course content as you follow along
- No text books to purchase - coursework is completely online
- Fully automated course keeps track of your progress, and resumes you to right where you left off
- Certificates are available for individual 1-3 hour courses in the training platform immediately upon completion of the course
- An automated certificate for the full 120-hours of training is available in the training platform upon completion of the full tuition option
- Full tuition option for 120 hours of training is $399.00
- Pay-As-You-Go Optionis based on a per module fee, each module is a different price according to the number of hours of training in the module
- Enrollment in this course expires in 12 months from the date of payment for each enrollment. Extensions for expired training accounts are $150 per year.
- The 120 hours of CDA training is the first step in obtaining the National CDA Credential. Once you have completed the CDA training, you will complete the rest of the CDA Credentialing process through the CDA Council of Professional Recognition.
CDA Credential Process Review
- The CDA credentialing program is administered by the CDA Council at the Council for Professional Recognition, a non-profit organization whose mission is to “promote improved performance and recognition of professionals in the early childhood education of children ages birth to 5 years old.”
- In addition to the 120 hours of training, you will need to put together a Professional Portfolio. The directions for the Portfolio are provided in the Competency Standards book that you order from the CDA Council. You will also need to have 480 hours of work experience within the three years prior to submitting the application to the CDA Council. Once you submit the application to the CDA Council, they will then send you an email to schedule your observation and CDA Exam. You will then contact a PD Specialist to schedule your observation, which will be at your program where you work. And, you will schedule your CDA Exam at a Pearson Vue testing center in your area. Once you have completed all of those steps, then the CDA Credential is awarded or denied by the CDA Council. For more information about the CDA Credential process go to www.cdacouncil.org.
(scroll to the bottom of the page for reviews)
- Laptop or PC
- Most students are able to use mobile devices such as tablets to complete courses. However, each device is different, and an individual's skill level with the device may determine their success with using a mobile device.
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft, and you may have issues if you use it to take training.
- Make sure you’re using a current operating system (for example, Windows 10 or Apple OS).
- Outdated operating systems may cause technical difficulties.
- Shockwave, Flash player and/or Java may be required.
- Slow internet speed may impact loading time.
- When enrolling on our home page at www.cdastars.com, the information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
- New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
- Registrations that are submitted at www.cdastars.com after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with information to access the course.
- Check your email for instructions to start the training. Click on the link in the email to access the course.
- Internet access is required. There are no text books for the training. The coursework is done completely online.
- Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
- Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
- Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
- Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
- Refunds are not available after 72 hours from the date of payment.
- Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
- Our courses may, or may not, meet annual training requirements in your state. Please provide us with your state, and any State registry ID number, and if we are able to record your completed training with your state, we will. In some cases, for annual state credit, you will need to submit the certificate to the appropriate registry and they may or may not award annual credit. Providing a State Registry number to us does not guarantee that your state will approve the training for annual continuing education credit. Many states have QRIS systems that require specific courses to be completed for annual or in-service training. Do not enroll in this course for the purpose of completing a state specific mandated course without first verifying exactly what course requirements need to be met.
- For Washington State students, completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
- During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume of enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.
- Enrollment expires in 1 year from the date of payment for all courses, with the exception of the Child Care Basics.