The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
* indicates a required field
Search for Courses
Attention Mobile Device Users!
This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
Anger is a natural response to certain stressful situations; however, it is necessary to learn how to properly control anger. Uncontrolled anger can affects all areas of life, including personal relationships, career, and mental and physical health. This course discusses the physical and psychological effects of anger, as well as social issues associated with anger and hostility. It also explains ways to manage anger and express feelings appropriately.
Language(s) used in training: English
Washington Core Competency: Professional Development and Leadership [1 hour]
CDA Content Area: Commitment to Professionalism [1 hour / .1 CEU]
Training Type: Annual Continuing Education Training
Training Level: 2
Training Delivery Method: Online
Content Focus Group:
- RECALL the definition of anger.
- RECALL psychological factors that contribute to anger.
- IDENTIFY physical effects of anger.
- IDENTIFY social effects of anger.
- RECALL methods of managing and reducing anger.
- RECALL appropriate ways to express anger.
- Causes of Anger
- Effects of Anger
- Managing Anger
- End of Lesson Test
This is a self-paced course that and can be saved and resumed during any point. Assessment question and answer sessions during the course monitor the students’ progress, and support the student’s progression, and learning objectives. There is a test at the end of each course. The questions on the test are completely based on the materials covered in the specific course. The student must get 70% or better to pass the test. If 70% is not achieved, then the training system automatically takes the student back through the course to review the materials that were missed on the test. The student is then returned to the test to try again for a second attempt if needed.
- I think this lesson was great Posted by Hayley on 21st Apr 2015
Loved the variety of techniques explained which will allow for me to choose which ones work best for my students and will allow me to try different techniques for anger management.
- This class was very informative. Posted by MaryAnn on 24th Mar 2015
Learning about the different ways to approach anger issues in a calmly manner.
- Very practical and helpful! Posted by Rachel on 14th Jul 2014
Thanks, this is a great program and our staff has appreciated your online methods!
- Great class Posted by Addie on 24th Jan 2014
Sometimes I get angry for little situations, by taking this class, I learned how to stop, sit and think about why I'm angry, and can I look at this another way, calm myself, and relax.
- Thank You!!! Posted by Dion on 24th May 2012
I really enjoy my workshops. I look forward to taking more in the future. I will also recommend this site to my staff and friends.
2) The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided during enrollment hours.
*Times shown are Pacific Standard Time. If you are in Central or Eastern Time, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
New Enrollments Are Set-Up During the Following Times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
3) Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
4) Check your email for instructions to start the training. You will receive an email with the word PASSWORD in the subject line. Click on the link in the email, and use the log-in credential provided to access the course.
5) Attention Mobile Device Users! This training cannot be done on a mobile device. Cell phones and tablets do not have the required software to run the online In-service courses. A computer with internet access is required to complete the online In-service training.
6) Some students may find that they need to download or update Shockwave, Flash player or Java.
7) Some students may find that they have to update their internet browser, this is most often the case when trying to use Internet Explorer. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best results. Our student support staff is happy to assist students with troubleshooting should you encounter technical issues, and will provide common suggestions for solving problems that occur when normal browser maintenance or application updates need to occur.
8) Cancellations and refunds requested within 72 hours after enrollment are available for courses/programs that have NOT been accessed. Refunds and Cancellations will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
9) Once you log in and start a course, a refund is not available. After 72 hours, the payment credit can be transferred to a different training or to a new student if the training was not started by the original student for up to 30 days after enrollment.
10) Refunds are not available after 72 hours.
11) Refunds are not available for courses/programs that have been started.
12) Washington students must submit an evaluation form with a valid STARS ID number upon completion of the course and a certificate will be emailed to you. Certificates are prepared throughout the day, 7 days a week.
13) Completed courses are recorded in MERIT Monday through Friday, throughout the day continuously, between 8 am and 3 PM. If you complete your training in the evening or over the weekend, it will be recorded on the next business day during those hours.
14) During the last two weeks of December, expect longer processing times for enrollment and certificates due to the high volume enrollments and completed trainings during the year end rush. We recommend enrolling and completing your training prior to the end of December whenever possible.