Spanish in the Early Childhood Classroom (Social)
1 Hour Professional Development Online
The information to access the online course will be sent to the email address provided below.
New enrollments are set-up during the following times:
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm pst
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm pst
Registrations that are submitted after enrollment hours will be processed the next morning. You will receive an email with your log-in information to access the course within an hour after we open the next business day.
All courses are completely online. Nothing will be shipped.
Enrollment Expires in 1 Year from the Date of Payment
Scroll down to read the course description.
* indicates a required field
Spanish in the Early Childhood Classroom
Most students are able to use mobile devices such as tablets to complete courses. However, each device is different, and an individual's skill level with the device may determine their success with using a mobile device. Use of an iPad, tablet, or cell phone is at your own risk.
1. Course Agenda
3. The Benefits of Dual Language Learning
4. Keeps your Brain Sharp
5. Discussion: Second Language (2/4)
6. Myths of Learning a Second Language
7. Appropriate Curriculum
8. Myths of Learning a Second Language (3/4)
9. Strategies for Implementing Spanish
10. Spanish in the Early Childhood Classroom
11. End of Course Quiz (4/4)
12. Course Evaluation Form
1 Clock Hours
The ability of being able to speak more than one language has lifelong benefits for children. Skills such as increased cognitive development, improved cultural awareness, and making students more marketable in the workplace are discussed. This topic debunks some of the common myths surrounding language acquisition and addresses strategies for implementing Spanish in the Early Childhood Classroom.
CDA Criteria for this Course
Course Difficulty: Level 2 - This course has entry level vocabulary that most students should be able to easily become familiar with. Assignments include peer discussion boards, open-ended and multiple choice questions.
- Describe 3 benefits of studying a second language
- Name one common myth about language learning and explain why it is not true
- Describe how using music and movement can assist children in learning Spanish
- Laptop or PC
- Most students are able to use mobile devices such as tablets to complete courses. However, each device is different, and an individual's skill level with the device may determine their success with using a mobile device.
- Recommended web browser: Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge, Safari and Firefox are other acceptable browsers.
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft, and you may have issues if you use it to take training.
- Make sure you’re using a current operating system (for example, Windows 10 or Apple OS).
- Outdated operating systems may cause technical difficulties.
- Slow internet speed may impact loading time.
- Videos may require Adobe Flash Player.